Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Reboot Christmas

My friend Sarah talked me into writing a blog after I regaled her with stories of the my fall from McMansion American Nightmare SITCOM to 2 bedroom apartment suburban divorcee dad.

Sarah is a blogger http://www.lottanothing-sarah.blogspot.com/ and I was inspired by her touching, funny and downright fascinating posts.

I am currently sitting in my 2 bedroom apartment on Christmas morning. The detritus of Christmas Eve strewn about my otherwise bare living room / office / dining room / bar. I just dropped off my children at their mother's house, as we split Eve and Day.

One thing I can tell you for certain, you always hear how there are no stores and restaurants open on Christmas Day. I always found that fact interesting and, I was sure, not 100% accurate, but I never before had the necessity to apply it to my life.

Now as I sit here polishing off not one but TWO sleeves of Hostess Crumb Donuts from the corner Gas Station, I can vouch for the veracity of the "no stores open" statement.

Luckily I have about a dozen brown bananas, a loaf of bread, jelly and peanut butter and some plain yogurt to get me through the day.

The main thing I am thankful for is, believe it or not, this is the best Christmas I have had in so many years... perhaps forever.

It is extremely difficult, but all for a purpose.

Hard reboot.

1 comments:

Bettie K. said...

Fantastic!!! This is going to be an awesome site not only because you are extremely funny, but because you are an open and honest individual.

Here's where you screwed up with the donuts...you should have had a Taquito instead...nothing says the holidays more than a deep fried, bean filled tortilla sold at a gas station!

BTW---nothing is open on Easter either...my parents found that out a couple of years ago when they tried to go to Costco....